Chock Full of Inner Demons

Monday, May 08, 2006

Scary Movie 4

I saw Scary Movie 4 tonight in the theater. It was awful. Not as bad as Date Movie which I saw earlier in the year, but quite dreadful on its own merits. We are talking modern day Saturday Night Live bad. Scenes are static and forced. The jokes fail to produce a laugh nearly everytime, and the running time seems long, even though it is less than 90 minutes. Mr. Y, you were very generous with your grade.


Now Playing Lord of War by Antonio Pinto

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

Which was worse? Date Movie or Scary Movie 4? Although was disappointed with Scary Movie 4, I didn't think it was that bad.

Please, please visit www.michaelgiacchino.com and listen to his samples. He is the best musical discovery since Danny Elfman!

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

Date Movie was far worse because the humor was so filthy and the jokes were completely flat. But I thought Scary wasn't to far off from mediocre, either.

I visited Michael's website. I agree with you that he is really good. I want to see if he is able to maintain this standard of composition for a while before I sing his praises though. I used to think very highly of David Arnold early on in his career, but I have lost some faith in him. He's no Horner:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home