Chock Full of Inner Demons

Friday, April 14, 2006

A Moronic Encounter on Durant

I was walking east on Durant avenue today, just passing Ned's Bookstore when some jerk intentionally throws his elbow into my arm as I was walking by him. I turned around to him and I said, "what the hell was that!" He replies with a strong, but challenging, "what! What did you say?"
He went on to try and bait me into some sort of fight, however the challenger never took a step towards me. After a few seconds, I just turned around and went back on my way to get a tapioca drink before class was to begin.
Since he wasn't physically prepared to fight me and since he was mumbling his threats, even as I walked away, it didn't seem like it was worth my time to be around an imbecile.
This encounter I had today was the first moronic challenge I've had in years, actually it is the first one I've had since my days at McAteer High School. I remember how frightened I was back then when a 'bad person' or a group of 'bad people' would try to bully me. Today was decidely different. I was not afraid of this idiot. I spoke up and then I let him mouth off in some sort of incomprehensible idiot talk. Geez, I hope I'm not maturing.



NP- The Chronicles of Narnia by Harry Gregson-Williams

3 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

I don't want to sound like a nanny, but be careful. That guy could have had a gun. I think there was a guy, a young aspiring filmmaker in Berkeley, who got killed in a similar situation. Reacting angrily towards an idiot like that could cost you your life. I know you're probably well aware of the possible consequences...sorry for sounding like an old queer.

P.S. - Chronicles of Narnia is a great score. But don't some of the vocals sound like Bjork? Was that his intention? Or was that really her?

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

It's not often that I am in those situations, but I usually think about the possible harm that may come to me. The street was very crowded and he never did walk in my direction so those things helped with my actions at the time. I do appreciate the concern.

I never thought Bjork was on the score, because I never even thought of it. She is usually uptight about mainstream movie projects so I would doubt that it is her. I'll check the cover later.

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Daniel J. You have succesfully avoided the horrible fate of the protagonist in Dostoevsky's underground man. In future though do be careful as Eric says... if you tried that kind of thing with me I would pop a cap in your ars. Seriously, there are quite a few idiots out there who do get a kick of kicking other people... and this goes for the basketball court too. I'm still proud of you though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home