Chock Full of Inner Demons

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Avoid This Date

I saw Date Movie on Thursday (alone;), and it is truly one of the worst films I have ever seen, worse than The Fog or even Boat Trip. This movie was bad.....bad, bad, bad! Nearly every joke was written to disgust the audience: fat jokes, body hair, and mole jokes were rampant throughout. Even the spoofs that didn't deal with body odors or weight problems were nearly absent of humor. One of the characters does the Meg Ryan orgasm scene from When Harry Met Sally, and it is just plain dull. The Ryan scene has been shown and spoofed so often that the material is just tired. Equally out of place is a King Kong spoof thrown in at the end of the film just for the sake of spoofing something recent. (Is King Kong even a date movie? Perhaps Kong is the first part of a romantic trilogy. The second part could be a remake of An Affair to Remember starring Watts and K. Kong using the same location. )
I highly recommend staying away from this movie, even you like Alyson Hannigan or are a member to Netflix. Even for 80 minutes this movie isn't worth it. Save your time and yourselves from this disgusting mess.



NP- Sin City by Robert Rodriguez, Graemme Revell, and John Debney

p.s. I had the feeling that the movie would be bad, but not really that bad. I took a chance and I lost.

2 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

Well thank God for your warning. It was either this movie or Final Destination 3 last night. I'm glad I chose the latter. I'm anxious to see Scary Movie 4...now that can't be as bad as Date Movie, coming from Zucker.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger mary ann said...

Dang, I was going out to
see it tonight. Now I'll have
to sit by the fire and watch
Separate Lies.
(good review)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home