Chock Full of Inner Demons

Friday, February 17, 2006

Car Jacking in Serramonte

My car has two doors. On the passenger side the lock will not turn to open, and the same is beginning to happen with the driver side. Soon I will be locked out. I believe that my locks aren't working because the quality of the locks were dismal to begin with. It's insulting to have this problem because door locks should not have the same maintenance issues as an engine!
This morning I took the car to the dealer (responsible for a certain z out there) to have it repaired. The inspection costs $45.00 which annoys the hell out of me, but I have limited choices at the moment. I get a call 5 hours later and I am graciously told that the problem was easy to find so they will not charge me the inspection fee. However, they say, to fix the issue it will cost $459 for parts and labor and it will probably not be ready today. Wow! These are manual locks of the most primitive kind. Perhaps I should just provide them with the title of the car in return for their maintenance work. Well I wasn't going to pay that. I declined the service and I picked up my car with the one semi-working lock. Next week, I will search a few other mechanics for a lower cost and a little bit of business decency.


NP- Quigley Down Under by Basil Poledouris

2 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

this is one of those WTF-are you
kidding me? episodes that I so
enjoy hearing about in your life.
Not my life, of course....

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

Take it to one of those franchises, like Pep Boy's or something! Jesus, that was preposterous! Somebody should call the cops, those effers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home