Chock Full of Inner Demons

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Moving to Tiburon

I was invited to attend a birthday celebration in Golden Gate Park today. It was for someone I didn't know, but I was invited anyway because I knew one of the relatives. I wanted to go, but luckily in the end I did not have to. I was so dreadfully tired from waking up at 5am to go to work, that an afternoon in the park wouldn't be as refreshing as it could be, even among some of my closest friends.

When I was told that the party was actually in Tiburon, not in Golden Gate Park as originally announced, I felt that this would be my excuse to go home and to get some sleep since Tiburon isn't very near. I do wish I wasn't so tired all the time so that I could spend more time with my friends in the parks, or up north in Tiburon, but for the time being I hope they can accept my absences as a result of sleep deprivation rather than as a result of anti-social behavior.


Now Playing Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King by Howard Shore.

4 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gees, you missed a nice drive across the GG Bridge on a Sunday afternoon?
What could be more fun than that?
mas

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I don't get get it, in the first paragraph you didn't want to go in all honesty. In the second pragraph you did in truth want to go. Which is it. Did you want to go or did you not want to go?

I understand why you didn't want to go to Tiburon after work, however, I am puzzled by whether you wanted to go to golden gate park in the first place.

If you didn't want to go to GGP in the first place then why did you agree to go? This post makes me wander, did you want to go hang out at that same friends house later that evening? Or was that an act of altruism on your part?

I want the truth...

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

You have a good point about the paragraphs. That is why I need to write more. So, yes I wanted to go to the park. I wanted to hang out with my friends because it would have been fun. I agreed to do this because I wanted so badly to be there with these specific people. But because of work I grew very tired, and my body split into two. My mind still desired to be with my friends, but my body said that it was better to go home and get some sleep. Because of Tiburon I did that, but I desired to hang out with my friends.

.....I am running late right now and I have to go, but I did want to hang out that night as well, as I did. I had gotten the sleep that I needed from skipping Tiburon.

 
At 6:16 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

I say listen to your body, if it's tired, it's tired...besides, if you're low on energy, you wouldn't be fun to hang out with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home