Chock Full of Inner Demons

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Tardy to the Game

My basketball team, Rounders, lost our first game of the season yesterday 47-41. The other team was quite good and aggressive, but I know we could have done better. Although some members of our team may blame the refs' or the small number of players that we had, I think we have only ourselves to blame for the loss, because this is a team that we could beat.

I think the biggest problem occured prior to the game when we had two players show up late, one of them after the game had begun. So instead of shooting around and discussing strategy, we were outside on the phone trying to get a hold of our 'tardies,' wondering if we would even qualify with enough players to begin the game. I think this was our biggest issue because it left us in a panic from the very beginning.

On the positive side, I had 15 points in the first game.


Now Playing Big score by Howard Shore

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And who says there is no "I" in "Team" :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home