Chock Full of Inner Demons

Monday, April 17, 2006

Tragedy on Passover

I work with someone who has recommended the book, The Case Against Israel for the customers this month. I have chosen to avoid a war of words with this person, because I know it will not lead to anything positive. It will just end as it began, with two people still connected to their own point of view.

But just when I thought that his book recommendation was disturbing enough, he voices something even worse in response to the news broadcast that reported nine dead in a suicide bombing in Tel Aviv. As the journalist reported that Hamas had sanctioned the action, my co-worker says with a certain glee, "holler, yeah Hamas."

"Holler, yeah Hamas,".........nine killed and at least twenty people wounded in a crowded shopping area on the holiday of passover. There are two tragedies here.






Now Playing Maverick score by Randy Newman

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We will see what your coworker says the next time another 9/11 comes around...

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

One of my other co-workers, 'heard about this,' and said real loud in his presence that "he hates anti-semites." He said this remark as he was in the act of viciously destroying something. I was proud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home