Chock Full of Inner Demons

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Another Loss

I was awful tonight. I had no confidence in my shooting ability. Our basketball team lost for the third time, and it seems that we were all out of whack. None of us seem to be playing the same positions, or with the same drive as we do on non-tournament days. We are all just free and stationary floaters, no one is in command. "The line must be drawn here." We will do better next week.

Besides the regular disappointment that comes with a loss, I managed to get into it a bit with one of the referees, and no, it wasn't over any of his calls. We were losing by 5 points with five minutes to go. My team is about to inbound the ball, but the referee suddenly holds the ball back while he begins a discussion with the table judge, while the clock is ticking. I ask him if he can stop the clock. He says, "hold on," and the clock continues to run. I say this game is important to us, and he says, "I don't care about that."

At the end of the game he actually apologized to me, a miracle in itself. Should i consider that a victory for the team since we have no other victories to cheer about yet?

I finished with 11 points. Last week I had 19 amd a much better shooting percentage.


Now Playing The Kid by Charlie Chaplin

2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

Sorry, a non-sequitor here...Daniel J., visit QUAPRODUCTIONS.COM and click on "Michael Kamen." It's a story that might inspire you. I know that guy who met him.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

That is a fantastic story. It shouldn't be the case, but I am always surprised when a celebrity actually takes his time out for a fan. To actually befriend him, though, is amazing. It is a very inspiring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home