Chock Full of Inner Demons

Monday, May 15, 2006

A May Week in Review

I need to start writing more regularly.

There have been some interesting developments this past week, but since I do not wish to fully go into them, I will provide a quick summary instead.

*Last week my team won our first basketball game of the season. We are 1-3 now. I had 25 points, but I shot horrifically at the free throw. I mean really lousy.

*A good friend of mine 'T' will be at my graduation, with enthusiasm I might add. Also, "T" is responsible for getting me through a particular math class one brutal summer.

*A store clerk at Ritz Camera thanked me twice "for wasting his time" after I had made a return. I only made the return because he had made me suspect his authenticity as a sales clerk and as a person. My suspicions were correct.

*A friend, who I do not see so often, asked me yesterday about a particular person that I am interested in. As I began to tell him of the disheartening pursuit, he says sternly, "I don't want to hear your gossip." There is a little bit more to this story which is unimportant here, but what is important is that I will not feel free to speak openly anymore with this person because of the nature of his response. From now on, it may only be movies and basketball that are discussed, and that is quite saddening.

*Poseidon was terrible. Special effects were good and I liked one of the songs, but it was a movie without any real people, just caricatures of them.

*A friend of mine at work gave a lovely and unexpected gift at work. I am supposed to use it for clothing other than sweatshirts and jeans, "adult stuff." What's wrong with my two college sweaters that I wear only....everyday of the week.


Now Playing The Da Vinci Code by Hans Zimmer.
-Chevaliers De Sangreal is one of my favorite tracks of this year.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... it seems that I have not made it into your little review. I need to make more of an impact for good or ill. I thought for sure that inviting you to go to Davis on one days notice would do it for sure... but I guess I was wrong. Will try harder next time.

Movie review: Silent Hill
Saw Silent Hill, it had unspectacular and cheaply done special effects and an avrage mix of blood an gore. I did love the alternate universe that was skillfully created and certain scenes were straight out of greek mithology. I enjoyed it, my companion thought it was cheap and lousy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home