Chock Full of Inner Demons

Monday, October 02, 2006

Mixing Religion with Drinks


I was reading the recent New Yorker tonight (partly because I forgot the Juggler, and partly because I am trying to get into the habit of reading again) and I came across this very humorous story about a Pastor by the name of Jay Bakker, who was performing his first New York sermon in a popular Williamsburg bar named Pete's Candy Store.

All in all, the twelve people who attended Bakker's NY introduction seemed rather receptive to his service, but it was the commentary by two of the women attendees that seemed to put the mix of bar and religion into perspective. "What really sucks about church is that it's so early on Sunday morning, so I like that this is four in the afternoon, "one woman said. "Neither of us is drinking," her companion noted," but it's nice to have that option."



Now Playing Field of Dreams by James Horner

2 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

Religion? Alcohol? Was that fiction you were reading?

By the way, I found the share music option on iTunes -- I just don't know how to use it, but I'm sure it's very simple. So don't buy All the Kings Men yet!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

I believe that the story was real. The picture of the bar is the same one in the story. Kinda of funny I thought.

I did buy All the Kings Men, but I will return it and get something else:) Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home