Chock Full of Inner Demons

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Juggling Faith




I have been struggling lately to read anything that has any significant weight to it, like books for an example. Newspaper and magazine articles have pretty much been the end-all. I am trying to get back into the swing of things, but it is a struggle. After nearly a month, I have almost finished The Juggler and the King, a book that challenges the jewish reader to accept and to devote himself entirely to god. Due to recent events in my corner of the jewish community, I am deeply struggling to accept the wisdom of this book. The Juggler would explain that my personal problems within the jewish community are not meant to define my faith, but it is only meant to test it further. It is meant to see if I will stay true to my faith despite the obsacles that god lays forth to me. Well, I just do not understand why I would have to get kicked in the ass, tested, by the very people who are supposed to be watching out for me. I will finish the Juggler because it was recommended to me from a person that I respect, but it is no way encouraging me to break out of my reading rut.


Now Playing the Chronicles of Narnia by Harry Gregson-Williams

2 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

You work at a bookstore and you're "struggling" to read books? Have you read The Sleepover Artist by Thomas Beller? It's about a Jewish guy.

I have Horner's All the King's Men score on iTunes...do you have iTunes? I think there's a share option we could use?

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

Oh, the irony. No, I haven't read that one, but I will look it up tomorrow. is he struggling too with his faith?

I haven't bought 'All" yet but I am really eager to hear it. I have been trying to convert this new friend of mine who loves both Titanic and Braveheart. There is some hope this person. How do you share things? I will look this up, too.
I have been listening to Casper a lot lately. I think that is another overlooked Horner score.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home