Chock Full of Inner Demons

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Damn Cowardice

I knew then that it would haunt me for the rest of the day. I was at lunch earlier with M, and this beautiful girl asked the two of us if we knew in what country they speak Aramaic (Of course, I forgot that it was a dead language, but that didn't matter. I do credit Comme for the help in that). After a minute of guessing and calling a friend, we answered her question and we continued our meals. When it as time to go, I said a couple of inquisitive things to the girl (who was alone and reading a bible) and then I left with M, because it seemed to awkward to stay behind and chat up a stranger. Also, I didn't stay behind because I am a enormous coward in these matters, and to everyone here, I already know that know this. Be gentle you heavenly bodies!



Now Playing Enemy at the Gates by James Horner

4 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She was v. interested in you. I guess you are waiting for an engraved invitation. My Giants jacket was
waiting for me...
M

 
At 9:53 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

An engraved invite would be very helpful...or an act of god. I'm glad you got your jacket back.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

It probably would have been easier if you were drunk. Just kidding. I think it would have been fine to let M be on her way while you chatted up this beauty. But don't worry, you'll get other chances!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

I'm not sure any alcohol would have helped, I tried a few weeks ago and it didn't:) But I do hope that I get some more chances....to blow them, too. Damn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home