Chock Full of Inner Demons

Monday, July 17, 2006

Sparing the Fares

The BART was completely free today so I was able to save $11.80 on my travels. The freebie came as a courtesy through the Spare the Air program that pays for the Bay Area to ride for free on the public transportation system.

It is sort of outrageous that these free days are so seldom. The idea is reduce the amount of pollutants in the air by reducing the drivers on the road, but when someone like me has to pay $11.80 a day to commute ala BART, why not just do the driving and save some time. There are days and obstacles that do not allow me to drive everywhere, but if these programs are a bit serious about their pollution concern, them maybe they should organize a Spare the High Fare program that may encourage more people to ride the rails.


Now Playing Sinbad: Legend of the High Seas by Harry Gregson-Williams
*Excellent score. Epic.

1 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Here is another thing we agree on (that's two so far!) I think public transportation should be free too. The very clean and modern street cars here in Portland are free everyday for everyone ~ only a few announcements from the businesses who sponsor them.
I think you're starting to lean left which has always been my goal...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home