Chock Full of Inner Demons

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Updating the Past

I have been even slower than normal to update my blog. This isn't intentional. There are many things that I wish to address from the past three weeks of my life, but it has been difficult because of my schedule. But I promise that I will begin to catch up on my past while I maintain the present. I expect to divulge on my trip to Cancun as well as add some stories on jewish woes. Thank you for continuing to check up on me!



Now Playing the Top Gun soundtrack

4 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

JAMES HORNER IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listen to samples from "All the King's Men"

http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=204

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

Hey Eric,

Horner never left. I loved the New World which he did just last year. But I do understand what you mean by this. I hope "all the kings" is another Horner epic. I know that the movie has been getting terrible reviews, so hopefully the score at least will be redeeming. What score have you liked recently, from the summer crop?

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

I enjoyed the score for V for Vendetta, though it wasn't very original (sounded a bit like Batman Begins). And you already know I am smitten with Michael Giacchino and his score for M:I-3. I thought Superman Returns was wonderfully epic, and so was X3.

James Horner's theme for New World was good, but his score for that movie was forgettable. That's probably way Terrence Malick replaced most of it with classical music.

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Daniel J said...

I am hooked on Giacchino's Lost. I love his adaptation for the M:I theme, but I haven't taken to the whole score yet. I agree with you on Superman and X-men. I think the Dark Phoenix theme (dark phoenix tragedy) is the best and the most exciting theme of the year. Poseidon had a nice main title to it. I also liked some of the music to United 93, particulary The End track.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home