Chock Full of Inner Demons

Monday, August 14, 2006

It's Fantastic

There isn't enough said in my small circle concerning the quality of film scores. Many I know disregard this music because it lacks lyrics and because it is to 'simple.' Well I say bah humbug to that. Since a musicians education has eluded me for all of these years, I am unequipped to argue the technical merits of a film score in comparison to any other type of music. All I can say is that film music has and maintains the ability to draw out all kinds of emotion as successfully as any other type of music and that is a shame to dismiss that kind of power as being simply to simple due to the material's source.

Movie music- it's fantastic!


Now Playing the Four Feathers by James Horner
-A Coward No Longer is an amazing track

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

Well said. People who complain that film scores "lack lyrics" are very ignorant. I love film scores and I always will. Nothing lifts me up like a great piece by John Williams or the James Horner of the early 90s.

You've been quite prolific with your blog entries. As you know, I've been slacking, big time, and there's really no good explanation for that.

- Eric

 

Post a Comment

<< Home