Chock Full of Inner Demons

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Honoring the Teachers

It was teacher appreciation day at my Hebrew school today. It may seem odd to some of you, even to me, but even I was chosen by the students as one of the appreciated, in a ceremony that was both humbling and very embarrassing for me. Despite my neurotic fears, the students were extremely gracious. They gave some lovely speeches about us, and provided us with some nice gifts. I received one of the new 'neverflat' basketballs that are supposed to last an entire year without the need for inflation (we'll see about that).

My favorite moment of the event, 'oddly' had nothing to do with me, but it was when a female math student was concluding her speech for her male math teacher. With sincerity and a total obliviousness to the connotation of her words, she says into the microphone, "thank you Mr ____, for doing all those things to us." I think the Rabbis loved this speech even more than I did.

Now Playing The Man Without a Face by James Horner

2 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great post
mas

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger 1-18-08 said...

How fitting that you're listening to The Man Without a Face. I would chosen Rudy. C'mon, you know you feel great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home