Chock Full of Inner Demons

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Water Hazard at Fort Point


Last Saturday, I joined one of my friends on a random picture shoot around the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marina areas. The idea of this photo day was to practice and to learn the features of our various cameras, which was good for me, because I had essentially put my camera to rest for nearly six months.

My friend who had invited me was essentially a photo novice up until a year or two ago. But since that time, he has purchased nearly every piece of camera equiment ever to have left the Nikon assembly belt. He has lenses and flashes galore, memory cards that could perhaps store photos for generations of his future family, and a battery pack that could fuel the USS Enterprise. Luckily enough for me, he allows me to use the equipment that he isn't using, which is nice, because it gives me an opportunity to learn the equipment and to freeload at the same time.

On a normal day when a camera is around, I am the one who is usually holding it, which means that I am not likely to be in many of the photos. If I am in a photo, that is because I had to ask someone begingly to take my photo, with the end photo result being a microscopic me in the corner of a larger and more vivid image of some sort of tumbleweed. But on this photo Saturday with Kevin, he was able to go against the grain and to capture me most vividly in peril. Magnificent stuff. In his series of five photos, shot at Fort Point, he was able to capture me, as he says, 'against the wave.' Way to go Kev.


Now Playing the De-Lovely Soundtrack

1 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes ~ a truly great photo! May I borrow it?
ms. commano

 

Post a Comment

<< Home