Chock Full of Inner Demons

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

At Cross Roads


My road trips revolve around the movies. They have for several years. Last year I was in Savannah at the spot of the bench in Forrest Gump. This year I maintained the Tom Hanks theme by searching for the location in the final scene of Cast Away, this is in Texas. In this scene, Hanks gets out of the car at a crossroad because he is not sure where he is or where he is going- in life. The scene and the movie ends here with Hanks standing alone on the road and looking into the camera as the movie fades to black.

I am a big fan of Cast Away because of the enormous development that Hanks' character had to go through in the film. Hanks was nominated for best actor for this role but he lost unjustly to Russell Crowe for....Gladiator.



Now Playing The Da Vinci Code by Hans Zimmer

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger mary ann said...

Good, I'm so glad you are blogging about your vacation. Nicely done...

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Daniel J said...

My Biggest fan:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home