Chock Full of Inner Demons

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Losing to the Warriors and the Hawks


I will be on my way across the bay in a few minutes to see the Golden State Warriors play the Atlanta Hawks at Oracle Arena. Normally at this time, I am playing basketball in the city instead of observing it in Oakland, so I hope that the game tonight will offer a little more than the regular show. I do not know who will this game, and I dare not predict it because both of the teams are trying to fight their way for a secure spot in the ‘middle’ of the standings.

My fight for the 'middle' remark derives from the mediocrity displayed by both of these teams this past decade. On any given night, it is correct to assume that either team would lose against any decent team, however tonight; it will be I who will largely lose. I will first lose out on the exercise that I normally get on Sunday nights. I will lose monetarily, twenty on parking and then another twenty on a soda or two. And ironically enough, I will most likely to lose out of ‘seeing the game,’ since fifty-five dollar tickets isn’t enough these days to secure a spot below the rafters and away from the riff-raff. Perhaps after I get home, I can see what happened during the game by watching the end of Sportscenter. At least I'll be able to make out the player's images that way.


Now Playing the Parent Trap by Alan Silvestri ***.5 / ****

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home